Learning Activity #1
Hot Business Topics
For our first class discussion, let’s start with some hot business topics, items that you might have recently seen or heard about in the news media that tie into our Week 1 readings. The purpose of our discussion is:
- To provide you with your first structured opportunity to communicate and interact with your fellow students and with me.
- To enable you to practice critical thinking skills as you consider various points of view and the bases upon which those views were developed.
- To help you hone your skills in articulating your viewpoint and in responding constructively to the viewpoints of others.
- To provide you with up-to-date information, perhaps fresh opinions about controversial issues and current events related to the world of business and management.
- To practice formatting citations based on APA, 6th edition standards. (This first week I will give you feedback on your citations, and if your citations aren’t correct, there will be no point penalty.)
Here’s how our discussion will work.
- . (Critical thinking requires using reliable sources for your data. You can find suggested Websites in our course Webliography under Course Resources under the Content area of our course, and you can reach the library through the Resources link at the top of our classroom.)