- (6 pts) Simplify: Show work.
- (6 pts) Solve and write interval notation for the solution set. Show work.
- (2 pts each) Consider the piecewise function
- (4 pts) Determine the slope of the line through the points (6, –2) and (6, 2)? Show work.
- (4 pts) State the domain of the quotient where and . Explain/Show work.
- (5 pts) In a psychological study it was found that the number of nonsense words a college student can remember varies inversely with the time that has elapsed before the student is asked to recall the nonsense words. A typical student is able to remember 7 nonsense words after 10 minutes. How many minutes must elapse for a typical student to remember only 5 nonsense words? Show work.